Personal Private Travel Insurance
When travelling abroad it is imperative that you safeguard yourself and your belongings with reliable travel insurance.
With some eye-watering financial implications if the worst should happen while abroad, it is vital that you secure travel cover that affords proper protection.
Why travel insurance is an essential you can’t do without
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) cites some jaw-dropping cases of British nationals incurring huge medical expenses when they’ve fallen ill abroad. These include:
- The case of someone who had a stomach bug treated in a Californian hospital. With treatment and return flights home the total cost of this illness reached £100,000
- A fall resulting in a broken hip while in Spain, the treatment in a Spanish hospital and return flights cost £15,000
The FCO does not state whether these individuals had protected themselves with travel insurance before travelling abroad, but it does reiterate the need to remember that without insurance, no-one will help you pay these bills - it’s vitally important to find the right cover before you travel abroad.
What should include on your travel insurance?
Travel insurance does not just cover you for medical costs when you are abroad. It is also worth considering that a travel insurance policy is likely to include a variety of other benefits these could include:
- Cover for lost baggage
- Cover for possessions including passports and money
- Cover for cancellation or curtailment of your trip
- Legal cover should you need to recover costs from another party
What should you think about when buying travel insurance?
You should also consider the nature of your trip and other aspects of cover you may need before you purchase your travel insurance.
- Make sure you are covered for where you are going – be aware that different policies offer different levels of cover for different parts of the world and some may exclude cover for certain areas like North America
- Declare your pre-existing medical conditions - if you don't then it may render your policy invalid and leave you facing huge medical bills should you be taken ill.
- Make sure your 'hazardous activities' are covered - for example, a typical travel insurance policy will not cover skiing or snowboarding. If you want to participate in winter sports you may need additional cover
- Make sure you have cruise cover if you need it - cruises can be excluded from some travel insurance policies because it can be difficult to get to a hospital when you are at sea
Our Travel Insurance Partnership
At Chase Templeton we recognise the importance of receiving good advice from experts who really understand the travel market.
This is why we have partnered with Travel Insurance 4 Medical to offer our clients, both old and new, access to specialist travel insurance.
With a wide range of policies available to suit your circumstances and your pocket we are confident that our friends at Travel Insurance 4 Medical can find you the right cover for your needs.
Contact Us For A Free Personal Private Travel Insurance Quote:
About Chase Templeton
Our impressive trading pedigree has seen Chase Templeton named Best Group PMI Intermediary 2014, confirming us as one of the UK's leading health insurance specialist.
Having expertly served our clients since 2002 we currently manage over 35,000 policies and are trusted by thousands of customers across the UK.
How We Work
At Chase Templeton we discuss your situation, needs and requirements
We compare your details against everything the market has to offer
We present our recommendations from the UK's leading insurers