About Chase Templeton
Founded in 2002 Chase Templeton are one of the UK’s leading private health and group risk insurance brokers.
As a specialist broker we offer independent and expert advice on a “whole of market” basis. This means we are not in the pocket of any private health insurer or group risk insurance provider.
Instead we provide impartial recommendations based on what the market has to offer and take into account the specific circumstances, needs, wants and budgets of our clients.
A multi-award-winning broker, we offer our professional services free to individuals and public and private sector organisations – however we do charge a fee rather than take commission for some services at the request of our clients.
Every year we advise on and arrange insurance policies and group risk schemes worth well in excess of £100 million.
Which insurance companies do we work with?
As an independent broker we offer advice on the best private medical insurance and group risk solutions offered by specialist insurers right across the market.
- April UK: A private health insurer which works in direct partnership with Spire Healthcare’s hospital network. It also partners other private healthcare providers and provides care in private wings of NHS hospitals.
- Aviva: Aviva’s portfolio includes a range of flexible private medical insurance policies and group risk protections. These include group critical illness, group income protection and group life assurance.
- AXA: AXA offers personal and company medical insurance, including health cash plans, through AXA PPP Healthcare. Group risk protections are delivered through Axa Equitable.
- BUPA: BUPA’s broad range of company, personal and family health insurance policies benefits from access to its own BUPA hospital network. However, care is also delivered through other private healthcare providers such as BMI and Spire.
- CS Healthcare: CS is a specialist private health insurance provider serving those working in the civil service, not-for-profit organisations and the public sector.
- Denplan: Claiming to be the UK’s leading dental payment plan specialist, Denplan provides both personal and company dental insurance. It serves some 1.7 million patients and over 1,900 companies.
- The Exeter: Offering private medical insurance and health cash plans for both individuals and businesses, The Exeter’s portfolio includes specialist cover for people with type 2 diabetes and high body mass index (BMI)
- Expacare: A specialist in international health insurance for expatriates. It provides worldwide and country-specific plans for individuals and families as well as group risk schemes.
- General & Medical: The General & Medical Group provides business health insurance, corporate healthcare trusts, and international company medical insurance. It also offers a choice of personal private health insurance policies.
- Health Shield: A long established specialist provider of health cash plans. Serving individuals, families and businesses, it also provides workplace health screening, occupational health and employee assistance programmes.
- Legal & General: The UK’s leading provider of individual life insurance, Legal & General is also a key player in the group risk market. It’s corporate portfolio includes group critical illness, group income protection and group life insurance and dependants pensions.
- Medex Protect: Specialising in business health insurance, Medex Protect includes excess protection as shortfall cover. This allows negotiation of a higher excess to reduce a company medical insurance quote.
- Nuffield Health: Claiming to be one of the UK’s leading not-for-profit private healthcare organisations, Nuffield Health offers a range of company medical insurance schemes. This includes its Executive Healthcare Programme.
- PHC: PHC’s personal and company medical insurance policies are underwritten by AXA PPP Healthcare. They are marketed exclusively through specialist health insurance brokers like Chase Templeton. Also provides dental insurance.
- Vitality: Part of the policyholder Discovery Group, Vitality claims to be the first insurance company to reward healthy living. Provides both personal and business health insurance and private dental cover.
- Westfield Health: One of the UK’s leading health cash plan providers. Serves both individuals and companies looking for lower cost alternatives to private medical insurance.
- WPA: Rejecting the “open referral” model, WPA markets a broad range of business, individual and family health insurance policies, NHS top up dental health cash plans.
- Zurich Insurance: One of the world’s largest insurers, Zurich offers particular strength in group risk protection. These include group critical illness, group income protection and registered or excepted group life insurance schemes.
Insurance products we provide advice on
Because we are a not a general but a specialist private health and group risk insurance broker, we offer advice only on a selected portfolio of insurance types.
The insurance intermediary service we provide.
We are an independent insurance broker, otherwise known as an insurance intermediary. We are not an insurance provider but advise on and arrange cover on our clients’ behalf.
As a specialist independent intermediary we are able to offer advice that is both expert and impartial. This allows us to advise upon the suitability of policies offered by private health and group risk insurance providers in relation to a particular client’s circumstances, needs and budget.
We are a member of two professional trade bodies.
The Association of Medical Insurance and Intermediaries (AMII) represents the UK’s health and wellbeing insurers, intermediaries and providers. Its members must adhere to a Code of Conduct with AMII also committed to raising professional standards in the consumer interest.
Group Risk Development (GRiD) represents the group risk protection industry. It encourages best practice among group risk professionals through industry wide initiatives. This includes promotion of a specific professional qualification in group risk delivered in partnership with the Chartered Insurance Institute.
We are of course also regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Financial Services Register Number is 311612.
Do we charge a fee for our services?
No, you can benefit from our expert and independent advice free of charge. However, some of our clients prefer to pay us a fee which we will explain below.
Our free services consist of whole-of-market insurance comparison services which can include some private medical and group risk protection policies which are not directly available from insurers.
We also provide specialist claims support and administration services as part of our free service to clients.
This might leave you wondering how we make money. That’s easy to answer. If you, accept our expert recommendations and ask us to arrange a policy, then we then receive a commission from the relevant insurer.
That commission fee does not affect the premium you are charged. It will also not influence the recommendations our expert advisors make. Our success is built upon the independence of our professional expertise. Although, as mentioned above some of our clients prefer us not to take commission and opt to pay us a fee for our services. Please speak to your adviser if you would like more information about fees.
Our success has been built not on flashy marketing campaigns but our reputation for service excellence.
Chase Templeton clients have expressed strong satisfaction with our services. We have earned a 5* rating on Trustpilot, through commendations our customers have chosen to submit.
In addition, the quality of our advice has been independently acknowledged at countless national award ceremonies. These include:
- Best Dental Benefits Intermediary 2017 – Winner, Health Insurance Awards.
- Best Healthcare Intermediary 2017 – Shortlisted, Cover Excellence Awards.
- Best Group International PMI Intermediary 2016 – Winner, Health Insurance Awards.
- Best Healthcare Trust Intermediary 2016 – Shortlisted, Health Insurance Awards.
- Best Workplace Health & Wellbeing Intermediary 2016 – Shortlisted, Health Insurance Awards.
- Healthcare Intermediary of the Year 2015 – Shortlisted, Cover Excellence Awards.
- Best Group PMI Intermediary 2015 – Shortlisted, Health Insurance Awards.
- Best Group International PMI Intermediary 2014 – Winner, Health Insurance Awards.
- Best Individual PMI Intermediary 2014 – Shortlisted, Health Insurance Awards.
- Best Group International PMI Intermediary 2013 – Shortlisted, Health Insurance Awards.
- Best Group PMI Intermediary 2013 – Shortlisted, Health Insurance Awards.
- Best Individual PMI Intermediary 2012 – Highly Commended, Health Insurance Awards.
- Best Impact by a Newcomer 2012 – Highly Commended, Health Insurance Awards.
- Young Broker of the Year 2012 – Shortlisted, UK Broker awards.
- Customer Service Award 2012 – Highly Commended, Cover Excellence Awards
- Best use of a Dental Plan 2011 – Winner, Health Insurance Awards.
- Personal Lines Intermediary of the Year 2011 – Shortlisted, UK Broker Awards.
- Healthcare Intermediary of the Year 2010 – Shortlisted, Cover Excellence Awards.
- Best Intermediary SME Proposition 2010 – Health Insurance Awards.
- Best Newcomer 2010 – Health Insurance Awards
Where are we based?
Our national headquarters are in Darwen, Lancashire. As well as our finance, administration and marketing functions, our business health insurance and group risk insurance specialists are also based here.
You can contact us here by calling 01254 504910. To submit a query online please click here.
Our dedicated personal health insurance advisors and administration team are based at our offices in Bridgwater, Somerset.
You can contact us here by calling 0800 018 3633. To submit a query online please click here.